Laser Cut SMT shims or Frameless SMT Stencils are lasers cut solder paste stencils designed to work with a stencil tensioning systems. These laser cut stencils do not need to be permanently mounted into an aluminum frame. Frameless Stencils are significantly less expensive than aluminum framed stencils and reduce storage space requirements. They are used for production and PCB prototype assembly. Stencil shims start at just $150, includes Shipping!
- Process 100% laser cut Material used
- Stainless Steel Stencil thickness .002 – .016 inches
- Minimum cut width .002 inches
- Minimum shim size 13.5’x13.5′ inches
- Maximum shim size 23’x23′ inches
- Aperture tolerance within .00025 inches
- Laser-Cut Apertures Provide optimum solder paste volume control
- Excellent Print Performance and paste release characteristics
- Reduce storage space requirements
- Reduced cost for reworks
- Allowance for Fiducial markings
- Benefit for panelized arrays
** Frameless stencils have smooth aperture walls and can be used for 16 Mil pitch and below and for fine pitch, SMT and Micro BGA”s, They are also used for µBGA’s, Flip Chip, and Wafer Bumping (12 mils to 6 mil pitch) and reworking.