An integrated circuit (IC) or microchip is a tiny electronic device that performs specific functions. The TL072 is a low-power CMOS op-amp integrated circuit. It is very common, especially for audio applications. This article explains what the TL072 pinout is and why it matters. Let’s get started!
What is TL072?
The TL072 is a dual operational amplifier with a fast slew rate and high-speed J–FET input that also comes in reduced noise versions. The input bias and offset currents are also both small. Because it is a dual Op-amp IC, there are two op-amps within. Because of its low harmonic distortion and noise, the TL07x series is the best choice for high-precision applications. Also, the pre-amplification stage of audio uses the TL072.
TL072 Pin Description
Technical Specifications and Functions of TL072
- It has low power consumption, input-bias currents, and Offset currents
- Supplied with the short circuit protection
- Operation of IC is Latch-up free
- It has a dual op-amp IC.
- Its input impedance is excessive
- Inner Frequency Compensation
- Extensive common-mode (as much as VCC+) and differential voltage variety
- Distortion of Harmonic is low (generally 0.003%)
- Low noise at the operation Vn = 18 nV/√Hz (common) at f = 1 kHz
- Having a high slew charge (commonly 13 V/μs)
- Supply voltage: 6 - 36v
- Having countless output short circuit duration
- Garage temperature: -65 °C - 150 °C
- Operating Temperature: -4°C - 125 °C
- Output current: 10mA (commonly)
Where Should You Use IC TL072?
Audio pre-amplification mostly uses the TL072 that requires great accuracy on low harmonic and noise. Pre-amplification is a technique for obtaining output audio with little noise, interference, and distortion. To regulate volume, bass, and treble, the IC TL072 works in the same manner as other op-amp ICs and compares the voltage. It is a voltage comparator IC.
Amps on board
How Should You Use IC TL072?
To increase sound quality, the TL072 comes in handy as it is a low-cost, very accurate audio pre-amplification device. After connecting the audio input to the output, the output will have little noise and distortion. We can increase the value of the resistor because the input impedance is large.
Impedance balance, which reduces distortion, is the responsibility of one of the resistors. Negative feedback resistors are used to assess the output signal. The noise will increase if the negative resistor setting is too high, while the noise will drop if the setting is too low, although distortion may increase as the load on the IC rises.
- Solar applications
- Motor drives
- Audio equipment
Wireless speaker with telephone channel amplifiers
Substitute, Identical, or Replacement ICs and Part Numbers
The analogous ICs we are mentioning here will not always be a comparable replacement for the TL072, but in certain instances, they will function well, and in others, they will not. Therefore, testing is necessary to determine which equivalent IC is effective. The equivalent ICs are the TL1971, LM358, and Ne5532. Nonetheless, if TL072 is unavailable, this IC's single and quad variants can function identically to TL072.
Application Circuit for IC TL072
The image below shows an audio preamplifier, a circuit using the TL072, and a few additional components. As previously indicated, TL072 has two distinct operating amplifiers, but we have just used one here.
Inverting the operational amplifier circuit diagram
How to Safely Long Run in a Circuit
Some precautions are paramount to achieve long-lasting performance with TL072, such as;
- Firstly, avoid applying voltage greater than 36V.
- Secondly, avoid driving loads greater than 10mA to prevent the IC from short circuits.
- Next, carefully check connections before powering the IC.
- Lastly, keep items in storage at or above -65 degrees Fahrenheit and below +150 degrees Fahrenheit.
Several packaging, including 8-pin dip, offer dual operational amplifier IC TL072. In the internal circuitry of the IC, two distinct operational amplifiers can be present by either a single or dual supply. This IC is perfect for high accuracy applications because of its low noise and low harmonic capabilities, along with other advantages.
That’s all about the TL072 pinout. Contact us to learn more about TL072. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.