MMBT3904 is an ideal transistor for standard power switching and amplification. Besides, its innovative packaging and design help improve its reliability for maximum thermal performance. We will get to know its pin configuration, application, features, and much more. Basically, get to have the basic knowledge of this fully Pb-Free (RoHS compliant) package and lead-free NPN bipolar transistors - BJT.
What is MMBT3904?
MMBT3904 is an NPN substituting transistor packaged in the SOT-203 plastic set. Being a small signal transistor, it features three pins; the emitter, base, and collector. Once the base pin is at the ground, both the emitter and collector remain open (reverse biased). On the other hand, when giving the signal to the base pin, it remains locked (forward-biased). The BT3904 greatest advancement is 300, which is the value defining the transistor intensification competence.
Nevertheless, Within the collector pin, the maximum current is 200mA. Therefore, it’s impossible to use MMBT3904 to unite loads consuming over 200mA. Thus, you must provide the base pin with a current (lb) limited to 5mA to bias the transistor.
SMD SOT-23 electronic transistor
MMBT3904 Pin Configuration
- Transition frequency: 300MHz
- 100 to 300 Current Gain (hfe)
- 40V - collector to Emitter Voltage (VCE)
- 200mA - unremitting collector current (Ic)
- 6A – Emitter to Base Voltage
- NPN trivial signal diode
- Accessible in the SOT-23 SMD set
Close-up side view of a PCB board with SMD components
- VBE and VCB are high; therefore, you can use them to govern current loads up to 40V
- Amp units, including Auditory amps, signal amps, etc
- Driver modules such as LED drive, Transmit drive, etc
- Used mainly in TVs and various household applications
MMBT3904 Equivalent NPN Transistors
2N2369, 2SC5200, 2N3906, 2N3904, BCS549, 2N3904, BC639, BC636, 2N2222, 2N3055
Operation principle of n-p-n and p-n-p bipolar junction transistors
MMBT3904 is qualified to the AEC-Q101 standard and hence provides high reliability. Besides, you can get it in the SOT-23 standard package quantities, making it a perfect amplifier module. In addition, it has a higher high Vcb and Vce; thus, you can use it to regulate up to 40V current loads.