MPSA18 Pinout Configuration
|PIN||Pin name||Pin description|
|1||Emitter||This pin connects to the ground. Also, it works as a channel that drains out the excess electrical current from the transistor.|
|2||Base||This pin works by turning on or off the transistor. Thereby controlling the biasing of the transistor.|
|3||Collector||Collector pin connects the load; hence current from the power source flows to the load through the collector.|
Features or Technical Specifications.
- Firstly, the power transistor is an NPN transistor enclosed in a TO-92 package.
- Secondly, the MPSA18 transistor has a maximum collector current(Ic) of 100mA and a maximum collector-emitter voltage of 45v.
- Thirdly, the transistor has a maximum emitter-base voltage of 5v with a maximum collector dissipation of 625mW.
- Additionally, this NPN transistor has a minimum and maximum DC gain ranging between 400 and 1500.
- Also, the low-power general-purpose transistor has a maximum 45V collector-base with a maximum transition frequency of 100mHz.
- Furthermore, these power transistors have maximum storage and operating temperatures between -55⁰C to 150⁰C.
- Lastly, the MPSA18 transistors are low noise transistors with a high gain.
(low-powered transistors in a T0-92 package type.)
Replacement and Equivalent
(different types of transistors)
MPSA18 Pinout: Where and How to Use The MPSA18 Transistor?
MPSA18 Pinout: Additional tipWhen using any electrical equipment, you must ensure that you keep it for long-life performance and reliability. To ensure the longevity of this NPN transistor, always use it at least 20% below its maximum ratings. For example, the MPSA18 transistor can handle a collector current of 100mA and voltage of 45v. Therefore, using a maximum load of 80mA with a voltage of 35v will help preserve its longevity. Also, storing the electrical equipment in temperatures slightly above-55⁰C and below 150⁰C will help immensely.
(a picture of a green computer circuit board transistors.)
(an MPSA18 transistor circuit diagram.)
MPSA18 Pinout: MPSA18 Transistor Applications
- Firstly, used in many slight signal amplification like sensing or detecting applications.
- Secondly, in radio and radio frequency(RF) applications. These applications must require a transition frequency of 100mHz.
- Thirdly, apply this signal amplifier transistor in audio recorders, voice recorders, and audio amplifier stages.
- Moreover, the MPSA18 transistor is an essential electrical component in audio amplifiers and preamplifiers.
- Lastly, you need this device in applications on amplifier circuits that drive a load of under 100mA.
(a photo of transistors.)