About the MCP6004 datasheet, Nearly every modern technology relies on amplification.
But certain Op-Amps provide more functionality than others.
An example, in this case, is the MCP6004 quad Op-Amp.
There are several reasons the MCP6004 general-purpose Op-Amp is popular.
Its technical specifications offer a significant bandwidth gain, an extended temperature range, a vast capacitive load, etc.
Read on to find out more about this operational amplifier.
What is MCP6004?
The MCP6004 is one of the general-purpose Quad Op-Amps that belong to the MCP600X family from Microchip Technology Inc.
These quad Op-Amp 14-Pin package ICs are famous for high bandwidth gain and low power production.
Therefore, the MCP6004 is a known gain bandwidth product (GBWP) because it yields 1MHz.
(A circuit diagram showing a non-inverting Op-Amp operation).
|Pin Number||Name of pin||Pin Description|
|1,7, 8, and 14||Vout pins A, B, C, and D.||They represent the four Op-amps output pins.|
|2,6,9, and 13||VIN- pins A, B, C, and D||These are the four op-amps inverting input pins.|
|3,5,10, and 12||VIN+ pins A, B, C, and D||On the other hand, these are the four op-amps non-inverting input pins.|
|4||VD||It serves as the positive terminal or supply rail.|
|11||Vss||Meanwhile, this is the negative rail or ground terminal.|
(MCP6004 PINOUT DIAGRAM)
- The MCP6004 Op-Amp has a 1.8MHz bandwidth and is a low-power op-amp.
- It has a supply and operating voltage range between 1.8V and 6V.
- Quiescent current is rated at 10uA.
- In terms of output pin current, it uses 30mA.
- Similarly, it uses a rail-to-rail output and input.
- The standard mode input voltage range starts at 300 mV.
- Meanwhile, its standard mode rejection ratio is approx. 76dB.
- It has a 112dB open loop gain.
- MCP6004 is available in the following packages: 14-Pin PDIP, 24-Pin GDIP, and 36-Pin PDSO.
Other Quad Op-Amps
(The LM324 Quad Op-Amp).
MCP6004 Application Circuits
- Instrumentation Amplifier using Unity-Gain Buffer Input.
- Peak Detector circuits using CMOS Analog Switches.
(A Peak Detector tuner with Analog Switches).
- Active Second-Order Low-Pass Filters.
- It is an automotive general-purpose amplifier.
- Similarly, it is helpful in general-purpose equipment like portable audio players.
- It is an essential part of Photodiode Amplifiers.
- Also, it is a crucial component of Analog tuners and Analog filters.
- It is essential in electronics like Notebooks and PDAs.
- It is in most battery-powered Systems.
(A speaker showing amplified sound waves)
The MCP6004 is a quad Op-Amp 14-Pin package.
It is most notable for its high slew rate, bandwidth gain, and low supply voltage.
So do you need assistance with your high-gain amplifier designs?
Feel free to contact us.